Read the log file generated by Apache web server and reach to some human readable information. There are so many thing that you can conclude from the log file. But this will include following features.
- Provide Graphical User Interface and graphs of information
- Get page ranks and top hit pages
- Get increasing page popularity by timeline
- Get list of web sites which on which the website is popular
- Get list of keywords for which the host website is searched on search engine
- Get statistics by year, month, week, daily
- Get the type of resource downloaded eg. html file, image, audio, video
- Get broken links requested by user
- Desirable Features
Parsing and tabulation
The raw log file generated by Apache Web Server will be parsed and then stored into a proper processable format. Natively crafted parser will be used to parse the log and will be stored in sqlite format
Extracting desired data from tabulated data
Required data then extracted from sqlite format using sqlite interfacing APIs. User may allowed to customize at this level.
Request processing and and generation of statistical information
Extracted data will undergo statistical processing, grouping and clssifications etc. Processes will be designed according to the features. User may allowed to customize at this level.
Well processed data has to be represented in proper visual format. Charting and graphing can be used for this. For larger interval histogram will be drawn and bar charts for classification. Charting and plotting will be done using library metaplotlib. User may allowed to customize at this level